Facebook Connect Login With Ajax WordPress Widget
Written by Erock
Thursday, 12 August 2010 10:58
So, I installed the Simple Facebook Connect plugin for a client, but I found that its login widget was lacking.
I prefer to use the login with ajax plugin, as it has error reporting and lost pwd functions all from the front page. There is nothing more irritating to me than having users redirected to the login.php page simply because of a miss-typed pwd. In a multi-site environment being redirected to the login page of the top level blog, totally breaks the feel of the sub-blog.
So, I have edited the login with ajax plugin to also use the simple facebook connect ‘connect with facebook’ button. This is an improvment on the SFC widget, as it has on page error reporting ( wrong pwd, etc ), and doesnt need to reload the page on login.
Simple Facebook Connect for WordPress Installed
1) Install SFC WordPress Plugin and Configure
2) Download and Install my Login-With-Ajax-&-SFC Plugin
3) Add Widget Via Widgets Page,Page or Post Shorttag, or Use The Shorttag in the Template Files Itself
- Pro -Sites Shortcodes, Functions, And Level Checks
- Automatic WP Photo Gallery From Facebook Page Photos!
- Analytics 360 For Editors
- Add nofollow rel tags to image widget
- Image Widget Alignment Fix
- Add GD Star Rating next to Post Title
- Change The Buddypress Admin Bar Logo And Link In WP3 & BP 1.2+!
- New Dashboard Lockdown & WordPress To Buddypress Profile Page Plugin!
- Hide The WordPress Dashboard and wp-admin COMPLETELY!
- Blogs & Members Directory, Strange Nav Spacing FIX