Posts Tagged ‘limit login attempts’
Limit Login Attempts WPMU Friendly + Optimized!
I use wordpress mu(3.3.1) and I just spent some time reworking the ‘Limit Login Attempts’ Plugin (1.6.2) by Johan Eenfeldt to be more WordPress MS friendly. I will mention that this plugin works FANTASTICLY with wordpress MS 3.3.1 + …. Other Mu users may find this usefull… A couple things…
first, I set the variables at the top of the plugins .php file i wanted to be global. The file is very well noted by the author, OMG thank you! Very easy to control what variables the plugin activates with thanks to great coding and thoughtful notation.
Then I used the plugin manager to auto-activate the plugin for all users sitewide.. that way any newly generated blogs will automatically activate the plugin with the settings I want, and having moved the menu, users cant modify them.
That is all
The settings I changed to my liking were;
login attempts set to 4,
lockout log settings changed to ‘log, email’
notify email after 1 lockout
changed individual settings pages to only be visible to admin
emails sent network contact email (pretty sure this is already built in)
- Pro -Sites Shortcodes, Functions, And Level Checks
- Automatic WP Photo Gallery From Facebook Page Photos!
- Analytics 360 For Editors
- Add nofollow rel tags to image widget
- Image Widget Alignment Fix
- Add GD Star Rating next to Post Title
- Change The Buddypress Admin Bar Logo And Link In WP3 & BP 1.2+!
- New Dashboard Lockdown & WordPress To Buddypress Profile Page Plugin!
- Hide The WordPress Dashboard and wp-admin COMPLETELY!
- Blogs & Members Directory, Strange Nav Spacing FIX