Posts Tagged ‘wpmu2.9’
I really like the Dashboard Content Management Plugin. Personally I have it auto activated on my wpmu2.9 sites and network activated on my wp3 installs. its big easy buttons really make the dashboard friendly for my clients.
Problem is its not wp3 compatible! ..Until now!
So I decided to update the Dashboard CMS Plugin for WP3 and legacy compatibility. So this plugin will handle WP2.9+, WPMU2.9, and WordPress 3! Enjoy!
*note: I found a wp3 version that does user privilege checks before showing each button. but this version was legacy unfriendly, so i merged the two files together using get_version().
So this version is 2.9 and 3 compatible, and it checks the users level to determine if it should display each button!
Are you trying to customize your WordPress Dashboard across ALL wpmu or wp3 Multi-Site blog networks?
I customize the Dashboard sitewide on all my wordpress Mu or wp3 blog network sites. There is nothing like having a new blog created and having the dashboard configured how you want without needing any tweaking or attention!
So I’ve looked for a plugin or snippet that will remove all the default wordpress dash widgets (site wide) without error and came up empty handed…
– Most of the Plugin Solutions are on a per-blog basis, which is fine if you don’t mind customizing EACH site on your network. But if your like me, you want it to look the way you want right from blog creation.
– Most of the code snippet solutions are really old and out of date. for instance the recent drafts widget is not a ‘normal’ meta box, it is a ‘side’ meta box, and quit a few scripts and plugins have gotten this wrong, meaning the recent drafts widget presists!
So I found white label CMS and got really excited. It looks like it should do exactly what I want. EXCEPT it has to be configured for each site on the multi-site network! thats a deal breaker for me…
Best Solution is the Incsub remove dashboard widgets. problem is, it doesn’t remove ALL widgets. So I have updated it to remove them all. Not only that, but its WP2.9 AND WP3 Compatible
Why would you want this? Well, say you combined this with the ‘New Blog Defaults’ plugin , ‘Admin Menu Editor’ plugin, & ‘Dashboard CMS’ plugin; You’d have a completely configured backend for your clients, ON deployment!
- Pro -Sites Shortcodes, Functions, And Level Checks
- Automatic WP Photo Gallery From Facebook Page Photos!
- Analytics 360 For Editors
- Add nofollow rel tags to image widget
- Image Widget Alignment Fix
- Add GD Star Rating next to Post Title
- Change The Buddypress Admin Bar Logo And Link In WP3 & BP 1.2+!
- New Dashboard Lockdown & WordPress To Buddypress Profile Page Plugin!
- Hide The WordPress Dashboard and wp-admin COMPLETELY!
- Blogs & Members Directory, Strange Nav Spacing FIX